Here at CCNLB, we believe one of God’s greatest gifts is relationships! Life Groups provide some of the best opportunities for people to get to know each other on a deeper level, grow spiritually, and form life-giving friendships.
Small groups in a local church are a win-win for everyone. Here are just a few benefits of being part of a small group of believers who meet regularly and “do life together”…
- Closer Relationships. We can only relate in depth with a small group of people. It is an obvious reality of human relationships. Doing life with 5-10 people will develop closer bonds and a deep sense of belonging and community.
- Non-threatening Environment. People who are unfamiliar with the Gospel and with Christianity are more open to an invitation to meet a group of friends than to a public meeting with hundreds or thousands (especially if there is food involved).
- Best Use of Gifts. Paul teaches us about using our Spiritual gifts for the growth of the Church. In a small group everyone can use their gifts and be used by God to bless others.
- Best Opportunity to Serve. We have a calling to serve others. This works both at an individual and group level.
- Leadership Development. The outcome of using Spiritual gifts and serving others is that people will grow into leadership.
- Accountability. We all need to be accountable to others in order to grow Spiritually and maintain our integrity. When properly led, a healthy small group provides the ideal environment for honest and non-judgmental accountability.
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another…Hebrews 10:24-25
INTERESTED IN LEADING A LIFE GROUP?
Leading a Life Group is about serving others by giving them a place to connect. If you would like to lead a Life Group contact the church office. We will help make your group successful through our leader training and by promoting your group so others can find it easily. We believe people grow in their walk with God as they do life with others who are heading in the same direction. As a Life Group Leader you get to have an important role in that process.